Jackhammers...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow rubber sticthed surrounds...

i personally would just find good subs and have a custom box built . it seems more like they want to sell the box more than the subs. Me personally hate prefabbed boxes. this is 'custom built' but not to your car,amp nor personal music taste.

theres my .02

Last edited:
after taking a closer look i say it might be worth a try for the price. I wouldnt skimp on the amp though. i would buy a reputable brand mono amp with 500 or 1000 rms.

everyone know JL is my favorite ;lol;

well i was gonna use my current amp, i already have it in the truck and wired up, heres how its set up:

1012091836.jpg

and when i get the subs i will screw somethin onto the sides to elevate it above the amp so it can get some air... this amp works great... it beat a kicker cvt 12 to death... literally. lol i just blew it like last week... im also looking for one of those for my other truck if anybody knows of one besides new...

I have 2 12 inch mtx jackhammers not sure which kind...but men those thing make my whole civic dance I got a 1800watts mono block....in a original ported box they clean I'm good with dem !!! I might sell them get 12 inch jlw7 or 2 cvx or 2 jl w6 or kicker l7 those are my other choices !!

:lol: you have the same truck as me :lol:

mount your amp on top of the box if possible. I had problem with my rockford AND jl 450/4 when i had it on the carpet. It just holds in heat. at least screw it to a peiece of MDF.

If i were you and money was tight. I would get 2 10's. Get some good Diamond Audio,Kicker,JL w6's, boston's or something with some juice. trust me they will beat.

IMG_0136.jpg

Last edited:
this amp was (stupidly) mounted in my other truck on the carpet with 2 6x9's sitting on top... it got slightly toasty under there but never had a problem with it... and i was gonna mount it where the cup holders in the back are, on top of that plastic piece but my power wire's not long enough and i dont wanna buy another. lol

if you want to make everything easy your going to have to do away with the jack and plastic cover. :lol:

you dont want to make your amp toasty at anytime.

i know i dont lol thats why i was gonna mount these subs a few inches above it

my sister has a set of 15" 9500's and she loves them they pound sooo hard with right amp of course.just hope you have big bankroll

i have two jackhammers in my civic with a mtx thunder seried amp and its actually pretty good.for the money i think they are well worth it

i personally would go with the thunder series. i used to attend Texas Heat Wave a lot and would see see thunder series in the majority of the cars. i used to have a single T9512-44 and push it with 500w and it would make windows on the cars next to me at the stop light dance. and this was in the trunk of my 99 ex. just my two cents.

Back