1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jacking up the CRX

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by JackedupCRX, Feb 14, 2004.

1. JackedupCRX

JackedupCRX Junior Member

Hey guys, I have a valid question. I know a lot of you lower your crx but I was wonderin what kind of gain I would have if I jacked it up. I have a set of big tires I want to throw on it and they won't fit on there unless I jack her up about three inches. I went to parts zone here in town and they recomended me to throw in a setta springs from a accord. what do ya guys think? I don't want to waste any money on springs when I can throw in a setta helpers to jack her up. should I get the accord spriongs or just use some helpers. the tires i am going to put on are old wide oval tires from a race car. they are big and wide so i can hook up when i dump the clutch. I just had 3" pipe and 3" 2 chamber flowmaster welded in today she sounds real sweet. my friends heads were all turning when i pulled into the parking lot over at the record shack and squaked my tires for em. they said she sounds banging. I cant wait to mod the tires and motor. im looking for some nos help me please

2. CRseX84

CRseX84 Senior Member

k first of all if u jack up ur car it will look retated. but thats ok if thats wut u wana do its ur ride. but wut i would do is get some coilovers and use those. cuz they can bump u up anouther inch or so, or do u need to go like mega high? r u gona turn this into a mud bogger?? that might be cool... but if you need a lil more than an inch to clear the tires then i would go wit the accord setup. good luck bro.
    Tyler

3. CRX_B16B

CRX_B16B Senior Member

I hope you die :ghey:

4. JackedupCRX

JackedupCRX Junior Member

mud boggin and for some street fun kinda like my avatar

5. CRX_B16B

CRX_B16B Senior Member

first off mud boggin in FWD low torque car?!?!? stupid. lifted big tires = change in the camber and from that it will handle like a dead turd, this is an all around ghey idea cuz its not gonna be good for either boggin or road use it will just be an unstable, unsafe, p.o.s. :bash:

6. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Have fun driving around with your tires like this \\ // He is right have fun moving some heavy ass tires around with a torqueless honda. You obviously don't know much about mud bogging, and needing some power to get through them.

7. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

if you want some hook-up, lower the car on some 13x8 rims, and mod the motor.

1g crx: you can screw and unscrew the torsion bars to raise/lower the front end. id just go with a set of eibachs and illuminas, and adjust your torsions to make up for camber.

2g crx: lowering springs and a camber kit.

8. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

:ghey: and btw the picture is teh GHEY yo!

9. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Tyler, please refrain from posting 'till you've successfully graduated from remedial english. I read your post twice and can't figure out what the fuck you're saying.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted