Jacking up the CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JackedupCRX

Hey guys, I have a valid question. I know a lot of you lower your crx but I was wonderin what kind of gain I would have if I jacked it up. I have a set of big tires I want to throw on it and they won't fit on there unless I jack her up about three inches. I went to parts zone here in town and they recomended me to throw in a setta springs from a accord. what do ya guys think? I don't want to waste any money on springs when I can throw in a setta helpers to jack her up. should I get the accord spriongs or just use some helpers. the tires i am going to put on are old wide oval tires from a race car. they are big and wide so i can hook up when i dump the clutch. I just had 3" pipe and 3" 2 chamber flowmaster welded in today she sounds real sweet. my friends heads were all turning when i pulled into the parking lot over at the record shack and squaked my tires for em. they said she sounds banging. I cant wait to mod the tires and motor. im looking for some nos help me please

k first of all if u jack up ur car it will look retated. but thats ok if thats wut u wana do its ur ride. but wut i would do is get some coilovers and use those. cuz they can bump u up anouther inch or so, or do u need to go like mega high? r u gona turn this into a mud bogger?? that might be cool... but if you need a lil more than an inch to clear the tires then i would go wit the accord setup. good luck bro.
Tyler

first off mud boggin in FWD low torque car?!?!? stupid. lifted big tires = change in the camber and from that it will handle like a dead turd, this is an all around ghey idea cuz its not gonna be good for either boggin or road use it will just be an unstable, unsafe, p.o.s. :bash:

Have fun driving around with your tires like this \\ // He is right have fun moving some heavy ass tires around with a torqueless honda. You obviously don't know much about mud bogging, and needing some power to get through them.

if you want some hook-up, lower the car on some 13x8 rims, and mod the motor.

1g crx: you can screw and unscrew the torsion bars to raise/lower the front end. id just go with a set of eibachs and illuminas, and adjust your torsions to make up for camber.

2g crx: lowering springs and a camber kit.

Originally posted by CRseX84@Feb 15 2004, 06:39 PM
k first of all if u jack up ur car it will look retated. but thats ok if thats wut u wana do its ur ride. but wut i would do is get some coilovers and use those. cuz they can bump u up anouther inch or so, or do u need to go like mega high? r u gona turn this into a mud bogger?? that might be cool... but if you need a lil more than an inch to clear the tires then i would go wit the accord setup. good luck bro.
Tyler

Tyler, please refrain from posting 'till you've successfully graduated from remedial english. I read your post twice and can't figure out what the fuck you're saying.

Back