1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jackson supercharger + b16 a2

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by codygloyne, Jul 30, 2006.

1. codygloyne

codygloyne Junior Member

hello, i got a 2000 si with a b16 A2 and i want to put a jackson supercharger in it. do i need to do any pistion or rods upgrade or can stock engine handel it? and plz give me a good recomended quiet exhaust. I have around $5,500 in cash.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

You can definitely run a Jackson SC with all stock internals. That's how the JRSC is designed to work from the factory- all on stock hardware.

A good quiet exhaust could be the Greddy Evolution 2. I like it a lot- tucks up inside the car for better ground clearance, isn't visually loud, and is actually pretty quiet.

If you have $5500 in cash to spend though, I would look at investing in a good turbo kit. You can make quite a bit more power on the stock block with a well put together turbo setup.

Welcome to the site!

3. codygloyne

codygloyne Junior Member

so i can put a turbo on my stock block and be fine?if so then how much boost will i get out of it and what kind of turbo? then i was think should i up grade my cluch to stage 1? and will that greddy exhaust fit on my civic?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  4. phunky.buddha

Yes you can put a turbo on your stock block and be fine. Just start searching for information on Civic turbo kits and you'll find a ton of information. It's not nearly as "bolt on" easy as a Jackson SC though.

How much boost depends on your desired power level, size of turbo, and the skills of your tuner.

Stage 1 means nothing on its own.

Greddy makes an exhaust to fit your Civic.

5. codygloyne

codygloyne Junior Member

ok thanks. but then how ould i go about bilding my cluch up then, but i dont whant a full blown racing cluch.

6. phunky.buddha

There are plenty of clutch choices between a stock and a "full blown racing" clutch. Google that too. There are PLENTY out there.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted