jdm 98 spec itr swap in 99 ek wiring modifications?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blade0314

hello everyone i bought a 19998 jdm type r swap and the previous owner had it in his 1992 honda civic si with the original 1992 honda civic si wiring harness. now i want to take this swap and put it in my 1999 honda civic ex (vtec)... i plan on using my 1999 honda civic ex wiring harness and want to know what wiring modifications do i have to do? please note i plan on using a obd2b>obd1 step down harness with a chipped p28 computer... so i think i only have to do 2 wiring modifications which are the 3 wire iac> 2 wire iac and my distributor plugs.... does anyone have the wiring schematics for my 1999 honda civic ex harness and the 98 jdm itr distributor? bc i want to take the plugs off the 92 civic si harness and solder them on my 1999 honda civic ex harness... or could i just swap the guts out of my d16y8 distributor and put them in the 98 jdm itr distributor? please let me know thank you.

and are there any other wiring modifications that i need to do other than those 2 ? and please remember im using a obd2b>obd1 step down with a chipped p28

im gonna try to just color match the wires from my 99 ex wiring harness to the 98 jdm itr swap... i also heard that since im running a chipped obd1 computer that i will need a extra wire to run to the distributor becasue when running a obd1 computer the tachometer runs off the distributor but in my obd2b car (99 ex) the tach runs off the ecu .. so can some1 help me?

Back