jdm b16 with p72 ecu vtec problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

junhonda20

Hey guys i just got a jdm b16 sir II into my 95civic ex ... i used the ex harness to hook everything up to the obd1 p72... THE MOTOR IS RUNNING ok for i can see and feel but it's idle's rich and when i turn on the car it will surge at 1500 rpms until it warms up .... i also think that my vtec is not opening although i feel like the car has pretty good power.. I am a bit confused when it comes to wiring??? I read the i had to rewired the knock senser and some other things in order to complete the swap....... I REALLY DONT WHATS GOING ON HERE THE CEL NEVER SEEM TURN OFF... Thanks for the help......

actually your best bet is to keep your p28 and get it chiped to run your b16

yeah you r car has the gsr ecu, so it's looking for the secondary butterflies.
I concur about the chipped p28 for tuneability. That p72 is running integra fuel maps so that's why your car runs the way it does.

as fas as i remember the p72 will not throw a code for the secondaries if they are not hooked up.

Originally posted by lsvteccrx@Jul 8 2004, 10:50 PM
actually your best bet is to keep your p28 and get it chiped to run your b16

Why not just chip the P72? It runs the exact same code, since it is essentially the same ECU plus a knock sensor board and secondary control.

thanx guys for the info ...... i finally got the car to open v-tec ... i was missing IAB sensor since my motor is a jdm 16 sir II .... A HELLL OF A DIFFERENCES !!!!!!!! ... my CEL is still on i think is because of the knock sensor..... but before the car hits v-tec the car cuts off or lag a bit then it just rips to red line...... any info ???????

Originally posted by junhonda20@Jul 14 2004, 12:51 PM
thanx guys for the info ...... i finally got the car to open v-tec ... i was missing IAB sensor since my motor is a jdm 16 sir II .... A HELLL OF A DIFFERENCES !!!!!!!! ... my CEL is still on i think is because of the knock sensor..... but before the car hits v-tec the car cuts off or lag a bit then it just rips to red line...... any info ???????
[post=363147]Quoted post[/post]​

why not just hook up the knock sensor?
D3

Back