1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jdm b16 with p72 ecu vtec problems

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by junhonda20, Jul 4, 2004.

1. junhonda20

junhonda20 Junior Member

Hey guys i just got a jdm b16 sir II into my 95civic ex ... i used the ex harness to hook everything up to the obd1 p72... THE MOTOR IS RUNNING ok for i can see and feel but it's idle's rich and when i turn on the car it will surge at 1500 rpms until it warms up .... i also think that my vtec is not opening although i feel like the car has pretty good power.. I am a bit confused when it comes to wiring??? I read the i had to rewired the knock senser and some other things in order to complete the swap....... I REALLY DONT WHATS GOING ON HERE THE CEL NEVER SEEM TURN OFF... Thanks for the help......

2. slammedcivic

slammedcivic Member

wrong ecu, i think..you will need a p28

3. lsvteccrx

lsvteccrx Senior Member

jump the CEL connector near the computer and follow the light blinking to find out what codes you have

4. lsvteccrx

lsvteccrx Senior Member

actually your best bet is to keep your p28 and get it chiped to run your b16

5. slammedcivic

slammedcivic Member

he doesnt have a p28 he has a p72.. he should get a chipped p28

6. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

yeah you r car has the gsr ecu, so it's looking for the secondary butterflies.
    I concur about the chipped p28 for tuneability. That p72 is running integra fuel maps so that's why your car runs the way it does.

7. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

as fas as i remember the p72 will not throw a code for the secondaries if they are not hooked up.

8. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Why not just chip the P72? It runs the exact same code, since it is essentially the same ECU plus a knock sensor board and secondary control.

9. junhonda20

junhonda20 Junior Member

thanx guys for the info ...... i finally got the car to open v-tec ... i was missing IAB sensor since my motor is a jdm 16 sir II .... A HELLL OF A DIFFERENCES !!!!!!!! ... my CEL is still on i think is because of the knock sensor..... but before the car hits v-tec the car cuts off or lag a bit then it just rips to red line...... any info ???????

10. bento

bento Junior Member

why not just hook up the knock sensor?
    D3

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted