Jdm B16a In 94 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slowciv1

need help wiring b16a in my 94 civic? need to know what i need and what wires go where?

What series B16?It will not be as easy as just plugging it in if it is a different OBD.

true...OBD2 is a little complicated.

Originally posted by slowciv1+Mar 16 2003, 12:19 AM-->
@Mar 14 2003, 12:53 PM
need help wiring b16a in my 94 civic? need to know what i need and what wires go where?

i have a first generation b16.

1st gen into that car is illegal in cali and some other states.

get obd1 injectors, rail, dizzy and accessories like alt and shit (you might need obd1 alt) and obd1 ECU and you should be set. If you dont have vtec now, you need to run the wires for it.

What ECU are you going to run?

Originally posted by slowciv1@Mar 14 2003, 12:53 PM

its not illegal where i live to have first generation! so what do i need to hook it up? i thinks my ecu is a pr3 obd0

yea, i'm looking into the same swap man and were on the same page so lets see if we cant straighten this out...

Unsure About:
Shift linkage from which year integra? 94-00? and/or 99-00 civic si linkages?

we'll need mounts from which car(s)?

when using the 90-93 integra intermediate shaft, what axles do we use?

Sure About:
Use either a p28 or a p30 ecu and run the wires for vtec...
-Pin B5 for the VTEC oil pressure switch.
-Pin A8 for the VTEC solenoid.
-Pin B19 for Knock Sensor.

Use a b16a3 or b18c1 OBD1 Dist.

I am a n00b when it comes to this swap so if i've missed anything let me know guys...

ATTN: chet, please help us out. :)

shift linkage: 94+ integra, 99-00 civic si

gsr/type R shift linkage is best...as its heavier...makes shifting a little better.

mounts, you can use 94+ integra, 94-97 del sol vtec, 99-00 civic si transmission mount, (other two mounts are different)

as far as vtec i don't believe those pins are correct.

vtec solenoid is a4
oil pressure sensor is d6
knock sensor is d3

and you'll need to run either a p30 or a chipped p28. i'd recommend a p30.

and you can use either distributor...all obd1 dohc vtec distributors work.

cool, thanks alot man... one more question.. on the axles.. what intermediate shaft should i use? and with what axles?

Back