??? JDM B16A Intake Manifold ??? IAT???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chessmaster00

Whats up guys...need some advice. I've got a 97 civic ex coupe w/ a JDM B16A (2nd gen i think), swapped (w/ tranny and a p30 ecu, I'm told)...I bought the car w/ the swap already done, pretty clean...Anyway, the car was runnin a little funny (extra loud, bucked a couple times, and idle bogs then surges a bit)...so I checked cel codes (cel only comes on a couple times, then goes out when I shut off car)...stored code 3 (M.A.P. sensor), so I'm thinkin I have a leak at the intake mani...well when I'm about to get some other stuff done and I'm talkin with a mechanic friend of mine, explaining the situation, he points at an empty plug on the intake manifold and says, "what goes there?"...I told him I'm not sure but I know some things are left unhooked on JDM swaps. Now i can't stop wondering what it is...I've tried searching. It looks like a plug for a sensor and its located on the second runner of my intake manifold...there is a kind of oval shaped raised area with the connection in the center (tiny wire looking thing, looks kind of like a coaxle cable end) and what looks like a small screw hole on each side.......What goes here??? Is it my I.A.T sensor and if so, should it be hooked up??? Is there any reason why the sensor would have been moved to another area and where are the possibilities...I didn't want to replace an i.m. gasket if somethings just not plugged. Lil' help please.

Back