JDM B16A OBD1 VS. OBD2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any PERFORMANCE diffrences between the First and Second generation JDM B16A's? Basically if I have a B16A from a 1992 SIR, and a B16A from a 1998 SIR, with the same amount of miles, is it the same (other than more engine codes?)? What about the tranny? Any differences there? Thanks for any help. If this topic has already been delt with (which it most likely has) please put me in that direction.

Thanks much.

:spin:

They are the same, codes are even the same. Only differences are some of the plugs. Mechanically they are the same though.

so is your question ?whats the difference from the first gen and the second gen?

-well that would be cable tranny, compression, cam profile, obd0

?1992 SiR motor and 1998 SiR motor? like VX said, not much at all

Ok.....First Gen and Second gen? What is the timeline here? When did first end, and second start? The years I quoted were just examples. What is the diff between first gen and second gen in terms of numbers? How do you tell them apart? I believe the engine I am about to purchase is OBD1....is this second Gen?
Thanks again guys.

find out if the distributer plugs are grey or white, also the intake will have pgm fi written on it, then there is the valve cover the dohc will be larger than the vtec if gen one, and opp. if a II.

Back