JDM B16a SIR 2 Pully

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

qtmac_mien

I was wondering what the other pully does. I know that one is for the alternator but i dunno what the other one is for. I wanted to get an AEM Tru-Pully and i was wondering if if would fit on the B16 block. AEM said that they have 2 kinds of Tru-Pullys, 1 is for alternator and 1 is for power steering, and the other is for alternator and water pump. I'm putting this in my 98 Civic Hatchback CX.

the 3 spots on the crankshaft pulley are for
alternator
power steering
air conditioner

pulleys are a bad idea .... they fuck with the balance of your engine and cause premature wear

not worth the 2 hp you might get from them .... find the power somewhere else

just get rid of power steering and a/c.

you don't need powersteering, you have a >3klb honda.

you don't need a/c, you have windows.

pulleys suck.

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 5 2004, 02:34 PM
just get rid of power steering and a/c.

you don't need powersteering, you have a >3klb honda.

you don't need a/c, you have windows.

pulleys suck.

>3klb honda if you have 4 people and a pair of subs in the back.

also, I wouldn't worry about pulleys too much if you haven't already done all the other mods like I/H/E or other things that make more power. E, I've never heard of pulleys upsetting the balance of the engine, because if that was true, nobody would be putting them on their cars, and nobody would be pulling off their A/C, Power steering, or alternator either, for the same reason. If you have the references to show me that it is true, I'd like to see them. I'm not saying you're wrong since you've showed me up few times on this board, just searching for info. As for the A/C, how is it that your CX has A/C and my LS doesn't have it? Hell, I don't even have cup holders!

My CX has A/C because when you first buy the car from a dealer you can tell them to put in A/C for like an extra $200 or somethin.

Back