JDM B16a SIR II Flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lnxmad

Dipper
I purchased a Fidanza 7.5lbs aluminum flywheel. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons this has? Is it too light? What will I gain/lose. Any comments are welcome.

pros: revs pick up faster, frees up hp
cons: rpms drop faster, sometimes causing it to stall.. but not in all cases..

umm.. not sure.. i'm not running a lightweight FW, but plan to eventually

I have a ACT prolite on my ZC and love it, quicker revs and i didnt feel any power loss of any sorts when i installed it. I know its not the same motor but if i had that motor i would throw one on :)

I am running a light fidanza fly wheel. I love it, but if I had to do it over I would have gotten a different clutch. You live you learn. I am running a stage four clutch from ACT with an extreme duty pressure plate....yes retarded I know. My plans were to rebuild and boost, but my truck to a shit and I had to buy another work truck. I would advise nothing more than a stage 2 clutch with a lighter flywheel. I love the quick revs, though.

..and yes, my clutch is a bitch, I figured that one was coming. As with all cars, though, you learn to drive them. I can drive it pretty well...it grabs hard, but you get the hang of it after driving it for about a month.

lol I got a Exedy stage 1 organic clutch with the fidanza 7.5lbs flywheel. $398 for the package. Oh and I got a cherry picker from my neighbor. Unloading it shouldnt be ANY problem now =). One questions. I have 2 chains, where should I wrap them around on? i was thinking inbetween the IM pipes and then one up front. Any Ideas?

ah, ok. Ill figure it out tomorrow. I cant wait man. It might go in tomorrow or thursday. I want to take mad pictures of it. Maybe some video of the swap. Ill make sure to post.

Plan on a good day to get it in and figure out all the "kinks". Wires, hoses, fluids and bolts...seems like no problem, but it can bite you.

The kid whos putting it in knows his shit so everything should go smoothly. Im gonna go shopping probly with him to get everything on my list. what did u end up having to get?

Put the bolt through a link and make sure its not going to slip off.

There are specific places that make it very easy. Get yourself an engine hoist leveler.

aaf.png

If I had time to hunt those things down and get the money, I could but I just got the cherry picker today, and its coming tomorrow. =\ ill make shift.

Back