Jdm B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newtohonda

Need some info here I'm new to honda.

Just picked up a 93 cx with a b16. I was told it's a jdm spec cuz it says b16a on the block. Anyway the motor is stock except the intake and full 2.25" exhaust. The motor is pretty strong (already pulled on two different b16 eg's and one gsr so I'm happy with the car).
Couple of questions:
what compression is the motor?
is it worth chiping the ecu or just advance the timing to 14deg on the stock one cuz I heard u shouldn't relly rev higher than 8200.
what gas do u guys run? some people tell me to run 89 octane cuz 94 doesn't make a difference just burns faster?
the tranny mount in the front under the stock airbox is missing do I need it?

thanx

what compression is the motor?

10.4:1

is it worth chiping the ecu

No,spend a little extra and get a piggyback,like a VAFC or a fields.Or if you got the cash and have high power goals in mind splurge on a Hondata.

some people tell me to run 89 octane cuz 94 doesn't make a difference just burns faster?

Some people thought the world was flat too.Higher octane resist detonation,so you're less prone to knocking and pinging.Higher octane burns "slower",but that isn't going to affect how much is being pumped into your motor by your injectors and fuel pump.

I'm not planning to do anything else to the car so I just wanna know if it's true that you shouldn't be reving over 8200rpm, cuz if u can I'll consider a chip just for that and get rid of the governor. Is 14deg as high as i should go with the timing on a 94 octane? The mount is missing and the shifer seems to be moving a lot but it's not a problem for me as long as it's ok for the tranny.

thanx for help

you could run 16 degrees maybe more on 94 octane.

you wont make any power past 8200.. don't bother without upgrading the cams/valvetrain

Back