Jdm B20b Into Eg2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xlerate93

I have EVERYTHING for my swap, i have the mounts, motor, GSR tranny, ACT clutch, ACT flywheel, Skunk2 IM, DC exhaust manifold, integra LS ecu, all mounts i need for the d16/b-series swap, axles, del sol shift linkage, etc etc

all in all i just need to buy coolant and MTF and oil.

my question is for the people that have already done the d to b series swaps, what are your pointers, what to look for, common problems, etc etc

ANY help is appreciated

thanks in advance

Craig

i searched but it came up with too much stuff that was off topic of what i was looking for

As long as you have all the RIGHT parts,your golden.The only issue I can see is the exhaust coming to gether,with the aftermarket stuff sometimes pipe lengths and flanges can be problematic.And o2 sensors are annoying if the plugs are different

yeah thanks, ill double check to make sure that the o2 fits properly, hopefully ill be able to start the project this weekend, only thing im waiting on is my teg LS ecu, and once that gets her everything should get started hopefully

im sure ill have some posts while im working on it :)

lol thanks again dude

personally, I would change the timing belt, all gaskets, distributor cap, plugs, plug wires, pilot and throwout bearing, Be careful with some O2 sensors, if they go bad then your motor won't run to it's potential, personally I would buy a new o2 and yet i know they are pricey $150. I would also recommend to change ot Honda Tranny fluid. It might be also nice to get your TB bored out a little and taper it to the Skunk2 manny. I know it's too late but if i were you I would supplement an ITR tranny for the GSR especially if going NA.

Milan

hey since ur goin b20 in a del sol ...... u do realize ur turning rate is gone to shit ..... also i was talking to a few SCCA honda racers ..... they sed the hybrids alwez blow up and the end of tha race ....... they kik azz as far as power and performance ....... but reliability is out tha door ....... do the swap if u have money to maintain it up to spec ....... i heard spoon made a crankshaft brace ...... for like high rpm since honda cranks wobble above 5grand ...... u shud do a few things tho to help working around the motor ....... relocating the battery ....... relocating the oil filter ........ pretty much keepin all tha annoyin wiring out the way helps in tha long run ..... not to mention havin ur stock motor built up partially ....... for those days u need to go pass smog

:wtf:

jules.gif

Originally posted by JDMilan Posted on May 11 2003+ 09:53 PM -->
JDMilan Posted on May 11 2003 @ 09:53 PM ) said:
I would buy a new o2 and yet i know they are pricey $150.
They can be,or you can get them here,oxygensensors.com.

Originally posted by snowboarderguy44 Posted on May 11 2003@ 10:21 PM
u do realize ur turning rate is gone to shit

Shut up

Originally posted by snowboarderguy44 Posted on May 11 2003@ 10:21 PM
..... they sed the hybrids alwez blow up and the end of tha race .......

Shut up

snowboarderguy44 Posted on May 11 2003
@ 10:21 PM
...... for like high rpm since honda cranks wobble above 5grand ..

And last but not least,shut the hell up.Learn how to spell.That's my 5 cents keep the change,buy a clue.

ok the exhaust manifold (dc header) is for the integra LS, so thats the o2 sensor i want correct?

im going the turbo route eventually, just want to learn a bit more and get some cash saved up.

thanks guys for the help and that other guy for the ridiculous comments :blink:

i have all new gaskets, belt, and plugs & wires. ill look into replacing the dist cap and such also

thanks again

Craig G

No problom man, keep us posted on your swap and good luck.

Milan

Is the B20 Dizzy the correct OBD for your Sol? You'll need the Sol VTEC Coolant hoses, I have the part #'s on my site under the FAQ. They are cheap and will fit the necks on the motor. Might want to upgrade to the VTEC Radiator too ($130), instead of wasting $ on a O2 sensor. Your stock one will work fine. Just spray it off with carb cleaner while it's out. You will need a Del Sol S or Civic Dx mount for the front upper driver's side mount. The one that goes from the 2 prongs on the block to the car. mmmm I think that's about it. Where are you? FL right?

Back