JDM D15b pre swap advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys I need some expert advice, especially since some of you have done this exact swap. I've done some research but have found conflicting info so I'm trying to firm up my plans.

What I have:
1994 civic cx hatchy
d15b8 manual trans..burns 3 quarts of oil per tank of gas
Engine on its way from H-motorsonline... JDM D15B VTEC
includes:
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Injectors
- Fuel Rail
- Throttle body
- Alternator
- Distributor
What else will I need?
engine harness?
ECU?
or can I just splice in the wires I need for VTEC as in your awesome how-to article?
Also I know I have a 1-wire o2 sensor and I believe the D15B does too judging from this-- https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...1&st=&p=&#entry ---but I could be wrong.

Help me out guys(esp. you 92CivicCX) this car pays my rent as i do delivery for a living (hence the economical engine)
I know this is hands-down the best swap site around
Thanx, Ken

Engine will arrive 8/23/04 please tell me if you know of anything else to have on hand so I can get it B4 it gets here

your going to want a p28 Ecu, and use your stock engine harness and add the Vtec wires.

P.S. unless you want your car to still be as slow as old people fuck id can the CX tranny and get an si/ex/vti tranny also.

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Aug 17 2004, 03:44 AM
your going to want a p28 Ecu, and use your stock engine harness and add the Vtec wires.

P.S. unless you want your car to still be as slow as old people fuck id can the CX tranny and get an si/ex/vti tranny also.
[post=377891]Quoted post[/post]​

I was told a p08 would be better so I'm gonna pick one up, thanx for the help I really didn't want to buy a harness too, and yes trans will soon be changed.
Thanx again

Back