JDM Del Sol SiR Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvoMic

Alright folks,

I am looking to do an engine swap on my JDM Del Sol SiR as it is now passing for to much oil.

It is currently has a B16A2 in it just now & I am looking to put in the JDM 1998+ spec Integra DC2 B18C engine it it.

Do I need to use any parts off my old B16 for the swap to work like a/c, power steering.

As far as I am aware i need the engine, loom, ecu, box (if I want it) & drive shafts.

Any help will be great.

Mic

you already have a B series in there so it is a pretty direct swap

you are RHD over there correct??

all you need is a complete swap and it will drop right in... you can use your OEM mounts (or aftermarket if you want stiffer mounts)
the JDM harness (assuming that is what you mean by "loom") should fit right up (provided that you are RHD)
depending on the year of your Del Sol, the ECU may not plug in... if you are OBD1, you are better off chipping your ECU and running the engine OBD-1
as for the "box" (i think you are talking about the transmission) you can use yours or the ITR one... the ITR has a closer gear ratio and a LSD
for drive shafts, you can use your stock ones

Hi mate,

Yeah the car is RHD & it is a 1992 Del Sol, I thought I may need to change the harness on the ECU to allow me to run the ITR one.

I agree with what E said and run a chipped OBD1 ECU. You could even use your P30 in there now and get it chipped with a base map. Or you can just getting a converting harness for the OBD2 ECU but a socketed ECU can be tuned to max out power with a dyno tune. If you do not have access to a tuner who knows hondas, just run the OBD2 ECU that comes with the swap.

Back