Jdm EG6 Cluster 92-95 fuel gauge Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

green92civ

Hello,
I have a 92-95 hatch back DX and I put a jdm EG6 gauge cluster in it. Tach works, Speedo works, Coolant works, everything on it work fine except the fuel gauge. It always says its full. I tried many searchs through this forum to see if anyone else has had the problem but couldn't anything. I have a buddy who told me he heard it is fixable but doesn't know how to do it. I was wondering if you intelligent techs out there know how to fix this. I know my way around electronics i've rewired many nissan sr20det swaps, however I went honda and got this cluster and I am not sure how to fix this problem. can anyone help?

ok, this fix is easy, BUT ONLY IF THE CLUSTERS BOTH HAVE A TACH, take out the cluster and remove the plastic cover CAREFULLY, then remove the black bezel (they both clip into the white housing. Now, look at the back of the cluster and look for 3 screws that hold the fuel gauge into the cluster, remove these screws and take out the fuel gauge. Now do the same on your old cluster and put your old fuel gauge into the new cluster. I think that the colors are the same, and if Im wrong, then sorry. put the screws back in and put it all back together, should solve your problem, if it doesn't, then you have a short in the printed circuit borad on the back of the cluster, which you should also be able to change if both clusters have a tach.
If your old cluster does not have the tach, then you will have to get a cluster that does, junkyard or ebay.
Whatever you do, DON"T TAKE THE NEEDLE OFF THE GAUGE or else it won't ever read correctly.

Back