JDM gauge cluster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

Hey guys, a JDM gauge cluster will bolt into my 92 hatch and plug in without modification right? just wana be sure before i pick it up- i really want a tach and i don't want one of those terrible monster ones

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 19 2003, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, a JDM gauge cluster will bolt into my 92 hatch and plug in without modification right? just wana be sure before i pick it up- i really want a tach and i don't want one of those terrible monster ones

Dude, the monster ones are not terrible, its all in where you mount the thing.

A jdm tach is not gonna be as accurate as an autometer tach - look at the pics of how i mounted mine cause its not in the way at all.

dude t i'm sorry, your set up is really nice but i still think the monster tachs are absurd- they're just too big- i'm not blind, all i want is a nice normal sized factory gauge

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Oct 20 2003, 03:16 AM

A jdm tach is not gonna be as accurate as an autometer tach - look at the pics of how i mounted mine cause its not in the way at all.

Ummm.... yes they are, mine is dead on with my VAFC. And monster tachs are teh ghey.

And yes they are plug and play, but the SRS light will not function, as the JDM ones don't have the spot for it. You can 1. swap over your USDM SRS plug, bezel and plastic cover 2. use a dremel and cut out the little spot for it in the face of the JDM cluster(they is a outline for it) 3. not worry about it.

One cool thing about them is you can use a teg low gas arm in the tank and run the wiring and have a low fuel indicator. Other than that they look nice at night, but aren't as bright as the white light ones.

how about mounting one in an EF? I have a wiring diagram but I don't know waht to do about the VSS. The Type R is electronic and my '91 HB is mechanical

Back