1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM gauge cluster

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Slammed90Lude, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

Hey guys, a JDM gauge cluster will bolt into my 92 hatch and plug in without modification right? just wana be sure before i pick it up- i really want a tach and i don't want one of those terrible monster ones

2. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Dude, the monster ones are not terrible, its all in where you mount the thing.

A jdm tach is not gonna be as accurate as an autometer tach - look at the pics of how i mounted mine cause its not in the way at all.

3. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Nice guage cluster Cashizslick, looks cool

4. BlackJDMdeath

BlackJDMdeath Senior Member

5. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

dude t i'm sorry, your set up is really nice but i still think the monster tachs are absurd- they're just too big- i'm not blind, all i want is a nice normal sized factory gauge

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Ummm.... yes they are, mine is dead on with my VAFC. And monster tachs are teh ghey.

And yes they are plug and play, but the SRS light will not function, as the JDM ones don't have the spot for it. You can 1. swap over your USDM SRS plug, bezel and plastic cover 2. use a dremel and cut out the little spot for it in the face of the JDM cluster(they is a outline for it) 3. not worry about it.

One cool thing about them is you can use a teg low gas arm in the tank and run the wiring and have a low fuel indicator. Other than that they look nice at night, but aren't as bright as the white light ones.

7. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

how about mounting one in an EF? I have a wiring diagram but I don't know waht to do about the VSS. The Type R is electronic and my '91 HB is mechanical

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted