jdm h22 in 97 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aznprid3

i am hoping that someone can give me some help with my problem. i have a 93 jdm h22a in a 97 accord ex. I have rewired the distributor to obd1 because i am using the prelude ecu and i have the jumper harness. The motor starts and idles (is low though), but when i try to rev it the engine seems like it is choking and wants to stall. The rpm will get down below 100 but comes back up to about 600 or so. I just checked the timing today and everything is lined up where it should be. I am in the process of checking the codes on the check engine light but can anyone think of what i am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. THanks

It's REALLY tough to tell without you giving us the codes. It could be any number of things, probably pointless to list them.

Post up the codes, you'll have it figured out in no time.

how do you get the codes when the car is obd2 and the ecu is obd1? i was told that you can jump the pins on the ecu but which ones? thanks

Read this thread. This guy had a similar problem. You'd have to ask him if it worked or not.

I make no claims or take responsibility for anything that you do.

Old thread

i fixed the problem. i couldnt get a code because the ecu was bad. i plugged in a p72 and everything worked fine. i got codes for o2 and IAT and im gonna get that fixed. thanks for you help.

Back