Jdm H22a Bb4 Distibutor Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kyle21nluvnit

Hey people I am working on a friends car that he did a swap on. This thing will crank and turn over fine but it does not have any spark. I think the distributor is the problem. Is the ignition coil inside the dis on the JDM motor or is it external. I have read that some are internal and I cant find an ignition coil on this anywhere. I found a wiring diagram for a USDM h22a but i need one for the JDM h22a can anyone help finding that? I think we just have a bad ground somewhere but I would like to have the diag chart or diagram for this particular motor. Its a 1996 accord LX with the h22a bb4 swap from a 93 prelude. Any help is greatly appreciated.

p.s. when im done with this one I get to start on a crank start but idle and run like crap 93 accord ex with a 98 prelude h22 swap fun stuff.

I know that the jdm H22a is internal coil because I have one in my Accord 94 ex 2dr. Check your grounds as you mentioned and make sure the rotorary button is good also. When I did my swap about four months ago I replaced the distributor cap, rotorary button also. To let you know, you have to have a Civic Si distributor cap 99 or 00 doesn't matter.

Alright spent a couple hours doing diag last night and think I found the problem. My primary coil is energizing, so I have good ground but its not firing. I took the cap off the dizzy and it was pretty coroded on the points and button but no carbon tracing or cracks. Im pretty sure that I need to replace the dizzy as the only other component is the ecu and it seems to be working fine. Where could I get a quality JDM or good replacement JDM dizzy(has to have the internal coil and such)?

Go to your local parts store and ask for a 99 or 00 Civic Si distributor. This is what you have to use since the jdm is internal and the usdm is external.

Ok so the cap is the same. Is the whole assembly the same? The cap isnt whats bad it the ICM in the dizzy. If I buy the entire assembly for the 00Si will it be the same and just bolt on?

:( I got the dizzy in today everything is exactly the same except the connector it has one 9 pin connector instead of a 7pin and 2 pin so i will rewire that and get going but anyone got a diagram of the connector from a 00 civic si so i have something to go off of. thanks

Hey people just an update. I have been out of town for 3 weeks now so I havent done anything with this car. Now last night I went to bolt on the new dizzy and guess what. The 00 civic si dizzy has the same cap and internals but the case is totally different. This WILL NOT bolt up at all not even close. To make this work you have to completely disassemble the old and new dizzy and put all the new guts in the old case. Very hard to do if you dont know what you are doing. So I would suggest not going this route and getting the JDM one somehow. But do NOT get this thinking it will bolt up. Amack I really appreciate your help in finding the guts but please dont tell people something will bolt up if you are not 100% sure. I am capable of switching the guts but most people on here are not equipped to rebuild a dizzy. So please be 100% before because these things are not cheap.

Back