JDM H22A, OBDII ecu for emissions test.. which ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aimonb

Been down so long...
Hi, I am having trouble finding this answer in the swap FAQ or elsewhere. I have a 98 civic with a JDM H22A VTEC installed. It is turbo'd with a hondata S300.. life is good. However I moved to Oregon and need to bring it tot e DQ station.. their they hook it up to a scanner and run the std emissions equipment test.. I have a scanner for testing purposes which i will use to pre test. Yes, I have all the other stuff in place to wire in (egr valve, second O2 sensor, stock injectors, etc.)

The question I have is: What ecu should I use for the emissions test? atm I am thinking the 37820P13A12 without the dissabler..But these things are $$. And I hate to spend $400 on something I will use for an hour every couple of years. Also the 37820P13A12 is for the H22A1 which is 10.1:1 compression.. not the 10.6:1 compression of the JDM H22A. So, should I used the H22A4 ecu instead? If so what model? 37820P13A20?

Some definitive help here would be awsome. My thought is that this must have been done before by the H22 fans out there. Lets get this info added to the FAQ also. :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back