JDM H22a VTEC and 15lbs of boost. How much hp?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

raidmax

I just got a Prelude with a J-Spec H22a VTEC swap and a XSPower turbo kit. The engine is built (rods, pistons, ect) and I have 15lbs of boost.

I've never had the car dyno'd.... just estimate how much hp you think this car has? :confused:

** I dont know much more about the car... like piston compression ratio, ect. I do have a XSPower FMIC with 2 1/2" pipes, and a AEM Fuel Rail. The exhaust is 3". It has a APEXi VAFC II - Vtec Controller and a manual boost controler. I contacted the guy I got the car from and he is going to send me a list of all the parts he put in the car. He says he has spend over $10,000 on the engine (including the h22a swap).

Last edited:
i find that difficult to believe that someone who spent 10k on an engine would throw it all away by using a shitty manifold and a turbo that is prone to destruction.

Knowing what i know about xspower, if you are making over 300hp to the wheels, id be suprised. If i were you, id switch out the manifold and the turbo for something less hastily made.

not to mention that he is runnung vafc for fuel?
that motor cuold blow up just by unlocking the doors!!!
get some hondata/uberdata/chrome on that thing

yea... he says he has top of the line everything inside the engine, but crappy other parts! He was in the process of upgrading everything but he moved on and got a supra.

Anyways.... how much hp do you guys think it has? Just a guesstimate. :confused:

Back