JDM ITR NOT STARTING

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

harryr34

Hi,
I wanted to know if anybody could help.
I need to get my car running.

The starter runs.
The fuel pump runs.
Thier is a spark.

but the car doesn't fire up. What else should i check on the car, I think the car had a clifford alarm and a vtec controller on it but the owner removed this, i have had a look at the wiring and it is all connected back up.

If anyone could tell me what else i should check?

Quoted post[/post]]
Hi,
I wanted to know if anybody could help.
I need to get my car running.

The starter runs.
The fuel pump runs.
Thier is a spark.

but the car doesn't fire up. What else should i check on the car, I think the car had a clifford alarm and a vtec controller on it but the owner removed this, i have had a look at the wiring and it is all connected back up.

If anyone could tell me what else i should check?

Timing on the distributor?

Hi the car does have a spark at every cylinder but it still does not fire up??

Quoted post[/post]]

That's great. It still doesn't change the fact that your timing on the distibutor might be off a few degrees. The spark plugs will be working, but will be firing either too early or too late to turn the engine over. I'd check that first.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

That's great. It still doesn't change the fact that your timing on the distibutor might be off a few degrees. The spark plugs will be working, but will be firing either too early or too late to turn the engine over. I'd check that first.

The person that i boughht it odd said that it was running, but he didn't try to start it after he removed the alarm and APEXI VAFC2. I am going to collect the APEXI VAFC2 from him today and wire it back up.

Back