jdm motor stuck in first gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keiko916

i just installed a h22a motor in my '92 prelude and when i start it my front wheels spin even though the car is in nuetral. what can be the problem?

my power steering fluid is low even though i just filled it to the max before starting the car.

are the front wheels off the ground? mine does the same thing, i didnt think anything of it though.

yes the car is on jacks...so does your car work fine?

when i step on the clutch and put in first gear i hear a "clicking " sound.

I assume your shift linkage is hooked up properly, and isn't ghetto rigged??

In neutral the tires can spin a bit, but if they are spinning alot, and when you give it the gas, the speedo shoots up, you have a problem. The clicking sound could be a number of things. Take it off of the stands and see what happens. Don't run anyone over and be safe about it.

well, my tranny works great, lets leave it at that. I have had WAAAY too many damn problems with my lude. i have it narrowed down to one of 3 problems. O2 sensor, ECT Sensor or spark plug heat range. but i think im just going to say fuckitol and have it tuned with hondata for the way it is now...im tired of messing with it.

Quoted post[/post]]
well, my tranny works great, lets leave it at that. I have had WAAAY too many damn problems with my lude. i have it narrowed down to one of 3 problems. O2 sensor, ECT Sensor or spark plug heat range. but i think im just going to say fuckitol and have it tuned with hondata for the way it is now...im tired of messing with it.
What does any of that have to do with the tires spinning? .....LOL.

those are the problems with my lude. you asked if it runs right...no my car doesnt run right, but the wheel spin thing is normal. my lude is fucked up right now, and i cant tell you that is the way a normal h22 lude acts until mine is one.

i did not do anything to the shiftlinkage because i'm putting this motor in a 92 lude.

well i'm not sure if it is stuck in 1st gear but the wheels spins in neutral...so from what i heard it sounds normal.

Back