Jdm Obd2 Swap Situation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brixity

I'm dropping a 2000 b16b into my 94 civic vx. The shop swapped the distributor, injectors, and alternator for obd1. My question is should i get a obd1 gsr engine harness so it will already have the knock sensor. Will it work right? But I want to run the obd2 type r ecu, so i'm gonna get the obd1 to obd2 coversion harness in order to run the obd2 ecu. What decisions do i have besides using an obd1 reprogrammed chipped ecu (e.g. P28) Any info will be helpful. I heard that since the ecu is JDM it will not look for those extra sensors that the usdm obd2 ecu's look for. Please help me out motor is coming soon.... I'll keep you guys posted. Also i'm new to this so holla at me. peace

the harness wont work.
its the other way around...... running an odb1 ecu on an obd2 car.

I'd run the chipped p28. jdm ecus suck, and a type r usdm ecu = $$$$$ and not any better than the p28

p28 wont look for the knock sensor, but you will have to add the evap shit or it will throw a code (ctr motor doesn't have this stock- use it from your vx.)

Back