1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jdm Or Usdm?jdm Parts Hard To Find?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by 88crxdx, Feb 8, 2003.

1. 88crxdx

88crxdx Member

hey guys i was wondering if you can help me out here. b18c gsr im going to order soon but iam deciding on jdm or usdm? i know the diffrence between the two, but what about parts to find and mechanical issues. like is every thing the same as in parts just one is j-spec and other is us?

thanks a lot :worthy:

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Well 99% of all the parts are interchangable. They are basicly the exact same engine but the JDM version just have a little more agressive piston and intake manifod.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i'm a fan of usdm myself- mostly because you have a record of it. you can run a carfax on it and see where it was when the car was crashed, exact mileage and so on. with jdm, you take a risk- and but a lot of trust into your dealer. but, jdm is usually cheaper, and more readily availble for a lot of motors.

check out out swap section in general info on JDM vs USDM motors. from their, make your own educated decision

4. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

if you live in california i would try to get usdm. It saves a lot of work and hassle.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted