JDM p30 chipping problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

clanny

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for a JDM p30 ecu. I desoldered the stock chip and put in a socket. Then I inserted the stock chip in. A guy locally had a problem with his ecu (it was bringing up all sorts of codes) so I offered the use of my ecu (it's a spare until I get my new engine in) and he said that there were no codes but the fuel pump didn't operate so he got no joy when trying to start it. I want to find out which pin relates to the fuel pump so I know where to start looking for a problem.

Also, while I'm on, does anyone know where I can get a manual for an EK( civic type r)? I'm currently using the manual for a b16a1 to overhaul my b16b but would prefer the correct manual if it's out there. Haven't managed to find one yet (but have found some handy info on the engine).

Thanks for looking.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 28 2005, 02:08 PM
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29360

pinout. what exactly did you do when you chipped this ECU? there are a few more steps than just putting a socket in then headin out
[post=452489]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. I have the AT JDM version and as far as I could work out, all I had to do to chip it was to desolder the 28 pin chip and then socket it. I haven't actually chipped it yet - the stock chip is back in there. The MT version is the one where you ahve to put in jumpers etc so I didn't have to do that. All I did was desolder the chip and solder a socket in then replace the chip in the socket.

What I was really after was a list of the chip legs and what they do, rather than the ecu pinout. Thanks.

Back