JDm P72

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

i'm thinking about buying what's advertised as P72 JDM ecu, is there any difference between it and the USDM version

anyone else? i wanna be sure it won't work before i go out and send the money- HELP

You'd run a little rich, but not enough to notice much of a difference. You'd lose a little fuel economy. Just buy a USDM one instead, it can't be any more expensive, can it? Besides, if you feel the need to go over 112, the USDM unit is just the ticket. :driver:

Why bother with JDM? He doesn't have 10.6:1 pistons does he? No. Just buy the USDM ECU. It'll perform better and give you better fuel economy. Plus, if you so choose you can go over 112 mph.

jdm gsr's aren't 10.6. they are 10.2

you are thinking b16 :)

but getting a usdm ecu is the easiest way to do it thats for sure.

plus look to the future. usdm ecu's are easier to chip than jdm ecu's due to the fact that jdm ecu have surface mount soldering.

B, I just checked your reference section and hmotorsonline.com and they both say 10.6. I'm pretty sure B16A's only came with 10.2 and 10.4.

...and the B16B is 10.8

ok, i agree with what you guys said- i had planned on going USDM P72, but someone emailed me with 150 bucks for a HDM P72 shipped and I was gonna jump on the deal but then i remembered the differences- thansk guys :thumbsup:

Back