jdm piston installation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
im trying to put some type r pistons into my gsr i was wondering if i haveto take off my head to replace the pistons. feed me some details please. :unsure:

you install jdm pistons just like usdm pistons, except you have to use your left hand (Because everything is backwards in the JDM land).

yes. you have to take off your head to change your pistons. if you've never done anything like this before (which i'm assuming you haven't), you should either a. not do it yourself, or b. have someone who's done it before help you out.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 22 2004, 10:12 AM
you install jdm pistons just like usdm pistons, except you have to use your left hand (Because everything is backwards in the JDM land).

[post=406105]Quoted post[/post]​

dont forget to torque the con rod bolts to the left

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 22 2004, 03:45 PM
and you'll need a JDM left handed screw driver too...
[post=406214]Quoted post[/post]​

O yeah....And I think You need the Fuckscapacitor from japan to remove the head....To remove the pistons...well in this case I would just called Howie Feltersnatch. @ 1-800-wft-tard

:lol:

pistons are pistons u have to install them all the same no differance if their jdm usdm or ukdm! just remember think before you act!.. if you dont know how to do it you might as well pay some one!

or you could get a helms and do it yourself. it's not that hard and usually it's the tools that you'll lack. but if you haven't done a mini-me or an lsvtec before you should really work on that first as you'll gain more experience and familiarity with the car/engine bay components.

i wouldnt try it if i were you. if you don't know the head needs to be removed to change your pistons ur gonna fuck something up. Get some one to do it for you or in the least help you.

...when the pistons are resisting your attempt to come out, hit them with a 40 lb sledge hammer...

...when the rings are catching on the installation because you lack a ring compressor, take the 40 lb sledge hammer to the pistons again, be sure to miss the pistons a few times. If you're still having problems add some more weight to the end of the hammer as well as more surface area, enough to hit the whole block...

damn lol i wasnt thinking i knew that i couldnt take them out without the head coming off but my dumb ass was thinking of saving money again :lol: by not buying another head gasket. i would of figured that out as soon as i took the oil pan off. thanx anyway

Put down the ratchet, and step away from the Honda.

Back