JDM SIR Tranny question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seephor

I'm almost finished dropping an SIR motor into my GSR. I only have to pretty much mount the header, axels, fill fluids and start her up. I was going through the things I needed to do and It just hit me. Since the motor and tranny are off a SIR where it's a right sided car. Are the shift positions different? meaning now that the tranny is in a USDM left driven car will first gear be in a different position??

i want to know the same thing maybe where he lives the gsr is not what we know here in the states to be a gsr! but the shift point would be the same

Losing HP and Torque.....

But to each their Own!

losing hp and torque?? It's a B18C VTEC motor. And the reason why I'm putting it into a GSR is because I couldn't find a clean USDM swap around here and this JDM one I bought was a good deal and came with suspension parts etc. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't the equivalent to a GSR a SIR in japan?

no not at all man the ITR maybe the SIR is the obd0 b16a1 engine SIRII is the b16a2 gsr is b18c1 and itr is b18c5 :blink: :wacko:

hahah well that explains it, my mistake.. The motor is a 2001 JDM B18C to clear things up. I'm not going nutes. :blink:

so you have a jdm gsr engine? and yes its SIR but theres a g on the end. its SIR-g. when you said SIR people think you are talking about the 1.6L b16a engine.

Back