JDM smog

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dl0v3sj

hi there i got a eg coupe and im about to get a JDM b16 dropped in, i live in so cal and was wondering what exactly has to be done to a JDM engine to make it legal in cali? i know most of the emissions equipment needs to be transferred as well as the USDM ecu but what else? someone told me that you have to report it to a smog referee in order to get a certificate and make the engine legal? someone please help me thanks

First off do your self a favor and get an OBD1 engine to start with it, will be well worth it, do not think about getting an OBD0 one and converting. Next get a USDM P30 ecu from a 94-95 Del Sol VTEC. There are no eceptions about the ECU as you are going to be claiming it is a JDM 94-95 DelSol VTEC motor. Next you are going to have to find a USDM 99-00si or 94-97 DelSol VTEC intake manifold, with sensors, I am told that the Japanese ones are different, or missing sensors, can someone confirm this? Also new spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, PCV valve, clean the entire intake manifold and throtle body, get a new exaust with a new CAT, and try and find a 99-00si or delsol vtec exaust manifold, otherwise a DC sports CARB legal one will do fine. Make sure all your aftermarket parts are CARB legal, and look in the FAQ on this site for some other information. Good Luck

Back