jdm typeR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda-r

I recently got a 2000 integra type R and want 2 add more power with modifications that show horsepower improvements . Show me the way guys :blink:

well for starters, Intake, Header, Exhaust. 2 of my friends had ITR's, lucky SOB's. Get a nice AEM CAI, JDM ITR header, and something not too ricey for the exhaust.

Well it came with a full Mugen sports exhaust system which includes 4-1 header,2.5 inch piping,resenator and mugen sports muffler.
Also as a HKS air filter :roll:

i ordered an AEM cold air intake ,which brand cams u suggest..
what do u think about ctr pistons and i also installed a Spoon vtec controller recently

If you plan on doing internals and cams, do some minor polishing and port matching to the head and intake manifold, NOTHING OVERKILL!. That should be very benificial with upgraded cams, then watch your motor come alive.

ctr pistons would work real nice in there.
for cams get some toda b's and their valvesprings

Yeah I also got a 2000 ITR and Toda cams are nice, but pricey for me. I am gonna get Skunk2 stage 2 cams, and springs/retainers.

I have an ITR... skunk 1 cams are pretty good for the street if you don't need huge power, and can use the stock valvetrain...

CTR pistons = 12.4:1 compression... not applicable for shitty california gas! =)

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Nov 14 2003, 11:38 AM
I have an ITR... skunk 1 cams are pretty good for the street if you don't need huge power, and can use the stock valvetrain...

CTR pistons = 12.4:1 compression... not applicable for shitty california gas! =)

sure it is, its all in tuning. i will be running 12.3:1 in my R motor, but i have hondata and came across some 550cc injectors :)

Back