JDM/US ITR crankpulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Is there any difference between the us/jdm ITR crank pulley? Looking for one for my build. I've seen the jdm one on passwordjdm that say it weighs 5lbs but out of stock & the us one on a acura oem parts site cheaper & in stock. Anyone know?

are you going to be using a light flywheel? is so i would go with the stock pulley to light of a weight on both sides can be a problem from what i understand hope that helps

Yes i'm going to use a lightweight fly, but I was going to upgrade pulley but cannot afford another $300 on a fluidampr or ati harmonic res., so decided to go OEM but still want the option of p.s. or ac...ITR was the best option but wasn't sure if the jdm or itr were the same.

So your saying, I should keep my beat up old gsr pulley because an ITR is too light & will affect balancing or something? I'm not too sure about that but either way i'm probably getting the bottomend balanced.

Can we post a link where it says that you shouldn't lighten attachments on both ends of the crank? I can't see the reasoning behind that.

Uhh...That was the whole premise for the question. I was looking for a ITR crank pulley for my build...ok...I saw passwordjdms which I mentioned in my first post...but it was again "out of stock...soooo...I went to a oem acura parts website & found the usdm ITR crank pulley cheaper, & in stock...&...my question was...again...are there any differences between the USDM ITR crank pulley VS. the JDM crank pulley. dot dot dot

This item is currently out of stock and has no future ETA as of now. Please call if you have any additional questions.

Price

JDM ITR Crank Pulley

$ 149.99

So much for that. Heard that they are closing soon, too. :mad:

This is just a guess, but it seems obvious that you should lighten both sides evenly. drop 4 lbs from the fly, drop four lbs from the crank pully. I have nothing but logic to back that up but you would want to attempt to keep the rotational mass somewhat balanced. OEM crank pulleys dont weigh a gazillion pounds because honda needed to rid themselves of a bunch of spare metal.

Ok, we are still way off topic here...this wasn't what my question was...I appreciate your help/input...but i'm looking for my original question to be answered being is there any differency between the jdm ITR pulley & the USDM. OMG Ahhhhhhhh....i'm losing my patience.....

Ok..whatever...I guess its not a big deal...whatever...$^#@$#^ $

NVM, finally got through to password...samething...

Back