JDM vs USDM exhaust haeders

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludeSIVTEC

I put a H22A into my prelude SI and the header that came with the engine does not match my downpipe on my car, i was wondering if a USDM header would work on my JDM engine, I want the exhaust to look nice so i dont want to mess with the flange any and i want a brand new exhaust system, any suggestions on what type of exhaust and any info on the difference between the headers for jdm and usdm?
Thanks

4 cylinders = header
V6/V8 = headers

Any header designed for an H22 will work on both USDM and JDM motors.

You do not have a downpipe on your car unless is it turbo charged.

If you are trying to say that the header does not fit the flange on your exhaust then you will NEED to get a new flange or get an exhaust that is made to fit that header.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 18 2003, 04:47 PM
4 cylinders = header
V6/V8 = headers

Any header designed for an H22 will work on both USDM and JDM motors.

You do not have a downpipe on your car unless is it turbo charged.

If you are trying to say that the header does not fit the flange on your exhaust then you will NEED to get a new flange or get an exhaust that is made to fit that header.

:werd:

what he said.

You do not have a downpipe on your car unless is it turbo charged

You're probably right, but they call it a downpipe on ebay. I'm sure he means the piece between the header's lower flange and the next doughnut flange down below. I bought mine from ebay, used, stock. You will have to modify between that "downpipe" and your catalytic converter to accomodate your oxygen sensor. Then tie it all to the cat.
It's not so bad, but you'll want a 92-96 stock piece, or an aftermarket set(header and "downpipe". I don't know how well stock and aftermarket pieces match up.

Good luck

Back