JDM VS USDM H22A ECU and intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BenDejo

I have a 93 accord with a JDM H22A swap. I live in CA and got pulled over. The cop checked under the hood gave me a ticket. I went to the smog ref to get it cleared and he said if I can prove to him that the ECU and the intake manifold are USDM he will sign off on it. The ECU is a 5 speed p13 but i dont know whether it is JDM or USDM. I have no idea about the intake manifold though. Can anyone help me out ?

If the p13 came with the jdm motor chances are its jdm. +you dont need a stupid ass usdm intake manifold, if the fucker passes it passes. If he gives you shit about it again, tell him YOU can do anything you want to that motor if it passes smog. If you have the prelude cataylitic converter, o2 sensor, usdm p13, egr and iab hooked up you should pass. The skunk2 flows better than that jdm IM and is carb legal so tell that ref hes gay. thankyou

btw, i would get the prelude intake tube+box. its got a nice restrictive filter for you to smog with+ it has a sensor in it sorta like the iab system.

Back