joining the crx community

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys, whats up. I currently own a gsr and im moving towards my new project, just picked up a 90 crx si. It got pretty bad damage but the interior is nice just need to vacuum. Right now i dropped the rex at my friend to do some body work, clean up all the dents/dings. Weld necessary and primer the full body. I will leave it primered since it will be my daily driver, but once i drop my b18c1 motor in future, i will get it painted. I will have pics of the progress. I am excited since the crx si is the best candidate for a swap. Correct me if im wrong. The integra axles will work. Also i will have to change the tranny fluid to gm sychromesh?? SHould I? i have a slight grind in 2nd. Need to change brakes since the steering wheel shakes when i brake hard, and finally my cat is making a clank clank noise tapping . Is my cat shot? It passed smog couple weeks ago but it now has cel. Could the cel be the shot cat? Cat is making annoying noise.

The Si is a great platform. It definatly makes for the easiest swap since you already have MPFI and the larger hubs. You don't have to run sychromesh, but it does tend to help with grinding trannies. I'm running the friction modified stuff in my tranny (because I have an LSD) and its pretty nice. (Note: DO NOT get friction modified unless you have an LSD). The shaking steering wheel could be brakes (the easiest fix) or possibly a shot wheel bearing. Does it shake on acceleration too? Finally, the cat is probably just hitting something under the car. Just jack it up and see if you have a loose bolt or need another exahust hanger. For the cell, pull the code, that'll tell you exactly what the problem is.

oh yeah, for the axles, I think for all b-series swaps you want to use 90-93 LS axles.

you can use any b series axle as long as you have the corresponding half shaft

Quoted post[/post]]
The Si is a great platform. It definatly makes for the easiest swap since you already have MPFI and the larger hubs. You don't have to run sychromesh, but it does tend to help with grinding trannies. I'm running the friction modified stuff in my tranny (because I have an LSD) and its pretty nice. (Note: DO NOT get friction modified unless you have an LSD). The shaking steering wheel could be brakes (the easiest fix) or possibly a shot wheel bearing. Does it shake on acceleration too? Finally, the cat is probably just hitting something under the car. Just jack it up and see if you have a loose bolt or need another exahust hanger. For the cell, pull the code, that'll tell you exactly what the problem is.

oh yeah, for the axles, I think for all b-series swaps you want to use 90-93 LS axles.
the steering wheel only shakes when i brake. Could it be worn pads/rotor and or disc??

Back