JRSC Questions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blewup91rex

Someone around me is selling a jackson racing supercharger for a gsr and ive never messed with super charger and i was wondering what to look for in it like to see if its broken or no good i dunno if thats even possible like i said im new to this part and wat all should it come with...any help would be appreciated cause i dont wannna get ripped off thanks

There should be the sc, lower alternator bracket, alternator pulley, alternator and crank pulley belts, fuel pressure regulator relocator, depending on if he is getting rid of it fmu, fuel pump, and random bolts/hoses. That is about it

thanks if it were not to work what would it be like i know that its nottin i can check but just wondering

they are pretty basic not much not to work. But there is a valve near the throttle body that sometime gets stuck open and it wont boost.

There are a couple of things to look out for on a used s/c:

-Look at the rotors inside the exit on the blower. There is a special coating on them. Make sure this hasn't peeled off. If it has, that means that the s/c was worked to death at really high temperatures and more boost than it was made for.

-Another thing would be to make sure that it spins freely and that the pulley has no play in its shaft. This will tell you about the condition of the bearings in the unit (a common thing to go bad on older kits).

-Check the kit, especially the intake manifold for any cracks. They are prone to cracking especially the bolts on the manifold to s/c flange (4 of them).

-Finally, check to make sure everything is there. It would be a bitch having to hunt down alot of the kit-specific parts such as the alternator mount. Jackson Racing JacksonRacing High Performance Parts & Accessories has complete part lists for each kit. Go through that for specifics.

Back