1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

junk yard turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by jls12388, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jls12388

jls12388 New Member

so people want to know about the best way to boost a d-series on a budget i built a 93 civic 4 door turbo making 230hp for under $800 with junk yard parts

the best block and head combo is the d15z1 block due to the dish in the piston teflon coating and type r rings ran 12-15lb all day long

y7 y8 head i went y8 for vtec both will be around 7:7:1 compression

sabb or benz turbo from junk yard i found a 40 trim off a 1988 diesal benz internal waste gate off a 4g63

fuel pressure regulator off a 4g63 "ebay ones will work

ebay chip kit and custom base map

DSM injectors 450cc are grest for massive hp 300+ i used valvo 340cc off a 740 turbo wagen the turbo works great on a civic set up

probe intercooler good grand national intercooler perfect

always ordered a cast manifoild the stanless crack after about 6 months

now onto boost pipe i cut up a bed frame but any steel pipe will work

oil feed drill and tap your pan on the side wall works great always use new oil lines

slap all the shit together fire it up

this set up is how i done mine its not a show car set up and just some guide lines for somebody who wants a turbo civic dont buy ebay turbos when u can by and rebuild a garrett for under $200

2. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

The eclipse DSM T25 turbo with an hf manifold is another good setup that wont cost you an arm and a leg. I had this setup before and it was very nice.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted