Just a quickie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Just want to know what short shifter/knob you are using... planning on buying a new one... any suggestions.

Skunk2 Dual Bend

Skunk2 Single Bend

B&M

Let me know!

skunk2... supposedly perfectly weighted for a great feel with the s2 shifter... or so i've herd.

EDIT: my bad, i thought you were just asking about knobs. but still... everybody seems to love the skunk2 shifter and knob. OEM has never done me wrong though so i've never had a reason to stray.

yea, Im using OEM... but when I do, I want a good one. Not to worried about the knob, I'll stick with stock... sooo. keep em coming.

i have the single bend skunk 2 (came with the car) i really like it, but i dont know if there is a real advantage over stock.

Quoted post[/post]]
i have the single bend skunk 2 (came with the car) i really like it, but i dont know if there is a real advantage over stock.

I've heared good things about neuspeed shifters, and bad things about B&M shifters.. but have no experience whatsoever with either. I kept mine stock, but will probably be changing my civic to a Neuspeed sooner or later.

Make that later.. I still need a few things.. llike.. everything.

i say skunk 2 single bend, but then again I loved my B&M

Quoted post[/post]]
anyone please explain the difference between single and dual bend, besides the way it looks... :cry:
ya...i'm a little curious too...i llike the way the dual bend looks but does it have better shifts than the single bend

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
anyone please explain the difference between single and dual bend, besides the way it looks... :cry:
ya...i'm a little curious too...i llike the way the dual bend looks but does it have better shifts than the single bend

It "shifts" exactly the same. The single bend sits the knob closer to you and at an angle. the dual bend sits further from you, but is upright. its just a matter of taste..

well in that case i'll take a dual bend...if and when i race i scoot my seat up anyways...so i dont need to reach..

I got a ITR shifter and a GSR shift knob. Feels hella smooth shifting.

Oh and when you do the swap, also get the shifter bushing kit for it also. You'll thank your self later when you feel the difference.

Quoted post[/post]]
I got a ITR shifter and a GSR shift knob. Feels hella smooth shifting.

Oh and when you do the swap, also get the shifter bushing kit for it also. You'll thank your self later when you feel the difference.

:werd:

I'd say a bushing kit is far superior to a short shifter. Makes your shifts faster/easier/alot more crisp.

P.S. not to say that you HAVE to get a bushing set OR a short shifter... You can do both. I just re-read the post and it sounded like I was saying it was either-or...

Back