just an idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok here is the deal my boy is doing a mini me swap and he want to boost it, he just changed his rad on his civic they gave him one for an auto but he has a manual, so we where wondering if we can use those two plugs on the rad for two things
1) to have it self contained so it has it own oil?
2) if not can he use it as an oil cooler?

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Feb 11 2005, 08:54 PM
1) to have it self contained so it has it own oil?
2) if not can he use it as an oil cooler?
[post=459850]Quoted post[/post]​

1. Huh? If you're not going to plumb anything to it, just don't put anything in it and leave the caps on.
2. Yes, you probably could if you really wanted to.

the plumping for the oil will flow throw the rad kind of like my boys mustang he has a super charger with an oil cooler in it but there is no plumping to the oil pan because it is self contained you drain it every other oil change

Im not sure if thats going to be enough capacity and you dont have anything to generate flow for the oil.

negative.

the oil lubes the axel going between the two turbines. once it passes the axel, theres like 1-2 psi left to dump it to the pan. thats why return lines must be as straight down as possible-- its only gravity left.

And have oil in the turbo sitting is not a very good idea!!!! There must be pressure so that the oil could bypass the turbo.

Or run the oil lines like normal, off the block into the rad then into the turbo then back to the rad then into the oil pan. But have to have straight down plumbing so that there will be a good flow. This is so that you can use the rad like a oil cooler. :)

Back