Just failed emissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
Hey guys I just ran my car through the smog test and I failed. I can't renew my registration until I get it fixed. My HC (hydrocarbons) limit is 2.0 and I got a 2.367. This means that I have unburned or partially burned fuel. The CO (carbon monoxide) limit is 20.0 and I got a 69.36. This means that I am running too rich. My O2 sensor has been acting up, so I'm wondering if that's what could set it off. Can anyone help me? What are some things I can do to fix my car so it will pass? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Oxygen sensors are the basis of all emissions so why take the test if its acting up? Replace it dude

well the thing is that it's fairly new and I didn't think that it would need to be replaced. should I just go to VatoZone to get one, or would it be cool to see if anyone has a good used one? I don't have a lot of money, so I would like to spend the least as possible.

also clean the shit outta your IM and TB. I havbe the same thing and the guy at the smog place said :eek:h it must be your o2 but try cleaning your TB and your IM the best you can w/o ripping it all apart (at least the manifold). i just did that and...wallah, I passed w/ flying colors!

Originally posted by Callidus@Feb 3 2005, 04:36 PM
Hector hooks me up when I roll to the VatoZone!!!
[post=455998]Quoted post[/post]​

It's good to know I'm not the only one that calls it VatoZone.... :lol:

it could possibbly be your o2 but it sounds like you may need a new cat, i had the same problem with the high HC and CO, it could also really deppend on how wll your motor is running, if it runs like crap, then your going to run into alot of problems, but if it runs pretty well, then i'd say its your cat, if you o2 was faulty, your check engine light would show, it worked for me, so good luck

Back