1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just failed emissions

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by StealthMode, Feb 1, 2005.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Kung Foolin'

Hey guys I just ran my car through the smog test and I failed. I can't renew my registration until I get it fixed. My HC (hydrocarbons) limit is 2.0 and I got a 2.367. This means that I have unburned or partially burned fuel. The CO (carbon monoxide) limit is 20.0 and I got a 69.36. This means that I am running too rich. My O2 sensor has been acting up, so I'm wondering if that's what could set it off. Can anyone help me? What are some things I can do to fix my car so it will pass? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yeah dude- replace your o2.

3. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

Oxygen sensors are the basis of all emissions so why take the test if its acting up? Replace it dude

4. StealthMode

StealthMode Kung Foolin'

well the thing is that it's fairly new and I didn't think that it would need to be replaced. should I just go to VatoZone to get one, or would it be cool to see if anyone has a good used one? I don't have a lot of money, so I would like to spend the least as possible.

5. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

VatoZone? lmmfao.....where's the Burrito Bandito at when you need him.....lmmfao...

6. StealthMode

StealthMode Kung Foolin'

Hector hooks me up when I roll to the VatoZone!!!

7. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

also clean the shit outta your IM and TB. I havbe the same thing and the guy at the smog place said :eek:h it must be your o2 but try cleaning your TB and your IM the best you can w/o ripping it all apart (at least the manifold). i just did that and...wallah, I passed w/ flying colors!

8. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

It's good to know I'm not the only one that calls it VatoZone.... :lol:

9. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

it could possibbly be your o2 but it sounds like you may need a new cat, i had the same problem with the high HC and CO, it could also really deppend on how wll your motor is running, if it runs like crap, then your going to run into alot of problems, but if it runs pretty well, then i'd say its your cat, if you o2 was faulty, your check engine light would show, it worked for me, so good luck

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted