just for a couple months

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

2001 ITR head stock on b16a2 block with pct pistons. any thoughts guys? temp motor setup till my b18c5 block is getting rebuilt.:confused::confused::confused:

whats your question? itr head is the same as the b16 head just with a factory port job and more aggressive cams.. you'll be fine

srry my ? would b if power would about the same as the c5 i know tq will b different of course. but top end wise reason being is compression ratio would b higher than c5

Last edited:
you'll be about 11.9:1 on your compression ratio .. you'll need a good tune to run it that way

hard to say whether you'll have as much power or not..

i will deff tune it, compression ratio is high so hopefully the ITR cams will produce some power with that compression. hopefully aim at the dyno 170whp at least.

Heads up - most of the compression calculators fail to take into account the extra piston height of the PCT piston vs others. Trust me I know - I just put some in my ITR block. I actually went with a custom cometic HG to bring my CR's down to around 12:1. I'd clay the motor and check clearances too.

Use this calculator - seems to be the most accurate
Honda B-Series Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks

EDIT: looks like eg6sir is using the right calculator. 11.9:1 is what I get with your setup too. ITR cams should work OK, though a set of something more aggressive would only help. Get a set of adjustable cam gears. You can really take advantage of the higher compression by dialing in a little more overlap. Again though, check clearances at the most extreme settings with clay before you run it.

Last edited:
thanx sidude will do, i mean this will only b just for the winter as my other block is being put together.i had the block lying around so i figured i would install it as i build the c5, i ran the block before with a b16 head and ran fine just used step colder plugs never tuned it though cuz it was Daily Driver.

Back