Just getting opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drock42

I know the kid who's selling this car and I wanted to get other people's opinions about his car. Most of us around here have mixed emotions about it. I can say that it's a terd and last time i heard it running it sounded like a go-cart. But I think he got some work done and straightened that shit out. Anyway...here's the link to it on ebay....let me know what you guys think!

97 Civic HB

there are a number of reasons why i would pass up on that car. here's my list:

-ugly ass tasteless interior
-too many gadgets and gauges installed inside, they're all just sitting there
-nasty wheels
-whackass "ICE". looks like he cheaped out and tried to install it himself. the sub looks like it was just thrown in there
-altezzas
-and you know that car has been abused big time
-he's asking too much for it. $12,500 for a 96 hatch. wtf is he thinking.

you can find yourself a 96 hatch for a lot less and you can use the remainder of that money to modify it whatever way you want.

:werd: on the interior, it sucks so much ass... teh altezza's gotta go, the wheels are :ghey: the back seat and "ICE" lick ass, good motor though!

Originally posted by rsaeini@Sep 29 2003, 12:26 PM

-nasty wheels
-whackass "ICE". looks like he cheaped out and tried to install it himself. the sub looks like it was just thrown in there
-altezzas

you can find yourself a 96 hatch for a lot less and you can use the remainder of that money to modify it whatever way you want.

interior does look like shit.

a 96 hatch on Ebay in the Newport area with a boosted gsr swap sold for 9k on ebay.

so if he gets the 12k....more power to him.

theres a sucker born every minute

Originally posted by rsaeini@Sep 29 2003, 12:26 PM

-nasty wheels
-altezzas

12,500 - 5,500 (and this is at a used car dealership...you can prob. get a hatch for much less through a private party) for a ek dx hatch = 7,000 left over.

3k for b16 swap = 4k left over.

turbo charging a b16 with 4k to spare?

yes please. :D

and these figures are GROSS underestimates....im sure if you could swap in the motor yourself, and install the turbo yourself....

youd have even more money left over to spare

and whats up with the :typer: Type ARRRGHHH apc headlights?
for 12k i would want the real thing.

and doesnt a blockguard fuck up the coolant flow?

hell, if he can sell his for $12,500...i'll think about putting mine on ebay for about $6000 and see if it sells.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 29 2003, 12:38 PM
and whats up with the :typer: Type ARRRGHHH apc headlights?
for 12k i would want the real thing.

and doesnt a blockguard fuck up the coolant flow?

call me a n00b but i still dont know wtf a block gaurd does and where it goes.

ok, heres what you do, buy it for like 11k, INSURE it heavily, then wreck it and buy it back for like 1,000 dollars and you have a fully built swap for a grand, ha ha ha. but then read my sig. i am against anything like that. :ph34r:

just to clarify...i wasn't wanting opinions because i'm thinking of buying it. i just think it's a P.O.S. and most everyone here does too. i think he's asking too much but there's always that chance of catching a fucktard in the making. btw...i should have pics of my accord in a few weeks...when the swap is done! B)

I like the hood and it has a pretty good paint job, but that is about it. Some fucktard ricer will probably buy it, if he has the money.

i can shit in a box and put APC and Type R stickers on it, and sell it to you for $20 bucks....you'd get the same effect....intelligent people would be like "it looks like a piece of shit", and ricers would be like "type R! awesome!"

Back