Just got ripped off again.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

small claims court should not cost you very much money at all
plus you can sue for the original 425 plus your costs

and if he fails to pay on a court order then they can take it from his paycheck

i'd probably eat the 425 and not worry about some dirt bag smashing the windows out of my car
but thats just me

spent 18.60 a qt for gm syncromesh! shit! i thought honda charged too much for MTF at 7.50.

Im def gonna get this guy for this, im gonna file for small claims later this week. Its about 75$ in his area, Also he wont be able to bust my windows, as I live in gated partments with rent-a-cops strolling every 3 seconds.

Well Im gonna have to learn how to rebuild a tranny.....Didnt want to but now I must. Well Ill keep you guys updated.

Oh and PS my mean green All motor 85mm LS will be put on hold.

Synchromesh FTW, I really thought there was no hope for my trans in my car. It grinded into third even at 1,500 RPMS, and the same story with 5th gear. Now it shifts perfectly smooth, even at 6k RPMS+.

funny thing is this pos tranny shifts with a scratch at 7k+rpm and below 2500rpm and grinds like hell anywere in between.

I prey this syncromesh works. I payed out the ass for it too!

Should have just stuck with MTF, especially if it's cheaper. The GM Syncromesh that's supposidly better is not the regular syncromesh, but rather the Friction Modifier version.

if you dont get a refund, and you decide to rebuild,
you have to replace everything around the 3rd gear, including the actual gear itself.

i replaced the syncros, syncro hub, syncro gear, shift fork and main bearing (i had it off anyway, no hurt in changing it.) could be forgetting a few things. i did not change the actual gear itself, and i still grind in 3rd. was told by a couple of honda techs that i should have changed to gear also. otherwise you spend a shit-ton of money to be in the same place.

also, know that its not cheap.
for everything that i changed it cost me $315. and i worked at a dealership and got everything at cost, not retail. just the gear itself was around 350.
call around, and prepare to shit yourself because the money you saved by buying from some strange guy, is gone. now your full price will be much more than having had it shipped from hmotors.

try running the GM synchromesh friction modified first... it may take that grind away.. i know its worked wonders on many other honda tranny grinds

try running the GM synchromesh friction modified first... it may take that grind away.. i know its worked wonders on many other honda tranny grinds

i plan on it, it only grinds above 3k, or if you try to shift fast, so i just shift slowly into 3rd.
when i get another job i will be buying the syncromesh.

if you dont get a refund, and you decide to rebuild,
you have to replace everything around the 3rd gear, including the actual gear itself.

i replaced the syncros, syncro hub, syncro gear, shift fork and main bearing (i had it off anyway, no hurt in changing it.) could be forgetting a few things. i did not change the actual gear itself, and i still grind in 3rd. was told by a couple of honda techs that i should have changed to gear also. otherwise you spend a shit-ton of money to be in the same place.

also, know that its not cheap.
for everything that i changed it cost me $315. and i worked at a dealership and got everything at cost, not retail. just the gear itself was around 350.
call around, and prepare to shit yourself because the money you saved by buying from some strange guy, is gone. now your full price will be much more than having had it shipped from hmotors.

well I live about 4 hrs away from them so I can always drive there, th original plan was to get a trany from them....But this one came up and the guy seemed really cool and even signed a bill of sale stating that it was a good tranny with his ca id number.....then he just acted really shady, didnt answer my calls and only txt me with a shit ton of defencive replys. ah damn it, I seriously can never catch a break, I have nver ripped anybody off. I just dont know why this shit always happens.

but on a diffrent note now im really sad! lol shit....Im fucked what ever way I see it. Oh well im gonna have to sue this guy for the total cost, it grinds pretty nasty. so i just double clutch it to avoid more damage.

Im running i as we speak, did it today at my girls house.

i plan on it, it only grinds above 3k, or if you try to shift fast, so i just shift slowly into 3rd.
when i get another job i will be buying the syncromesh.

Ill let you know how it works. I put a lot of miles on my car.....thats why this is such a big deal to me.

so take it back to him. it's not that complex. get your money back.

yeah, i wouldnt invest any money into the trans except for the syncromesh that you already did.
if it continues to grind, then you need to go get a couple of estimates at legitimate shops on the total cost of fixing the grind.
then when you take him to small claims court you can tell the judge that you want to give him two options
1: he refund you the total for the transmission plus the cost of any courts fees and any other expenses you have made because of this.
2: he pay you the amount that it will cost to fully repair the transmission to the correct running state that he said it was in.

dont put any money into it until you know whats going to happen with it.

is this guy a local? or different part of the state?
also, you need to take the id numbers from the transmission and call the authorities from yours and his counties, and have them run the numbers to ensure that the trans isnt stolen or somehow illegal.
nothing is worse than getting pulled over and found with stolen property, because even though you didnt steal it, thats where the "possession is 9/10's of the law" rule comes in. then you lose the trans, and possibly your car, along with some hefty fines for stolen property.

no serial numbers either?
and it may not be a jdm trans. the guy could have just told him that.
gotta remember, according to honda douchebags, everything is jdm now.

yeah, i wouldnt invest any money into the trans except for the syncromesh that you already did.
if it continues to grind, then you need to go get a couple of estimates at legitimate shops on the total cost of fixing the grind.
then when you take him to small claims court you can tell the judge that you want to give him two options
1: he refund you the total for the transmission plus the cost of any courts fees and any other expenses you have made because of this.
2: he pay you the amount that it will cost to fully repair the transmission to the correct running state that he said it was in.

dont put any money into it until you know whats going to happen with it.

is this guy a local? or different part of the state?
also, you need to take the id numbers from the transmission and call the authorities from yours and his counties, and have them run the numbers to ensure that the trans isnt stolen or somehow illegal.
nothing is worse than getting pulled over and found with stolen property, because even though you didnt steal it, thats where the "possession is 9/10's of the law" rule comes in. then you lose the trans, and possibly your car, along with some hefty fines for stolen property.

the guy lives about 1.5 hrs away, there is no vin or serial number on the trans, at all! I have bought a LS tranny from HMO and there is no numbers at all.

There's such a thing as a Honda tranny that doesn't grind?

That's new to me! lol sad but true.

Thats true, I just tryed and they told me it was a cival thing. I cant even get his info.

anybody know were I can get his info using his DL #?

Back