Just got the ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just ran into the first snag. I can't get the crankshaft pulley off. I already stuck a skrew driver in the flywheel. I just bent the flywheel. I tried a zip-tie, I even tried a shoe lace, even an electric impact wrench. A few questions though, this flywheel has AT on the bolts, does this mean it goes on an automatic transmission? Any help guys? I would really apreciate it.

yes, AT on the bolts means it had an automatic - it is not really a flywheel - it is normally referred to as a flex-plate - the easiest way to get the pulley off is with an air impact wrench and even then you have to keep the engine from turning over - we use a small flat steel strap with a hole drilled into each end, with one hole lining up with one of the bolt holes on the flex-plate where the torque converter attaches and the other lining up with one of the bolt holes where the transmission bolts on - install bolts thru holes into flex-plate and block and this will keep it from turning - if you don't have air impact, you just need a long breaker bar on the socket and stand on it if you have to.

What tools are you using my friend. I've gotten off tons and tons of D series flywheel bolts with just using a 3/8 12 point IMPACT socket on a 3/8 impact gun NOT WRENCH. If you're using a air wrench or hand wrench for that matter your making too much work out of something simple. If you don't have a gun just goto Home Depto and buy a cheap on for $20. If you're trying to get these off by hand forget it. Using a Gun prevents it from spinning and will take them off in a matter of seconds.

Also try and get a 6 point socket instead of a 12 point.

There's less of a chance of rounding the bolt off with a 6 point.

Thanks alot guys, I got it off. I just replaced the timming belt and water pump. What do you guys think I should tourqe the crank shaft pulley bolt too? My guess is 120 ft-lb that's what my shop manual says for the D15. The second snag is my busted dist. cap. I've tried a SI dist. cap and a 89 Integra cap both don't fit. I don't want to make the guy at Checkers mad.

Oh well, I bothered him over and over but I found something that fit. A 1995 1.6 Civic dist. The stupid engine is a 1995 ZC. Does anyone know what I'm going to have to do in order to get this engine running in my car? How do they put the SOHC VTEC engine into the fourth generation Civic? Should be about the same procudure right? Shit, my head is starting to hurt already. :angry:

Well I've been thinking about it. Mabey someone can tell me if I'm going in the right direction. I need an OBD-0 dist. I'll need an OBD-0 ecu. I've been looking at other articals and when they put a SOHC VTEC engine into a fourth gen. they use the Civic SI intake manifold also. Does anyone know why? Next, would any of you know if any OBD-0 dist. will even fit into a 95 ZC? I've read where they screw the damn thing into the engine and loose the ability to change the timmnig. I don't want to do that. I think I might need an 91 SI civic dist. Am I even a little right?

Would it be as simple as using a dist. from an 89 integra,my ecu and a 90 SI intake manifold. Also I realized that the MAP sensor is part of the throttle body while in my car it's on the firewall. Is that going to be a problem?

You will need an obd 0 civic or crx distributor and obd0 injectors. As far as using the SI manifold, the reason they do that is because of the injectors. You can put the obd0 injectors in the vtec manifold though. You will have to bolt the distributor up and you will lose the ability to adjust timing.

Will the Civic or CRX manifold fit? Would it be better to use a 89 Integra or am I stupid? Is that the only problem I would face the dist.? What about the MAP senor?

I was doing more reading and I found another option. I could convert to OBD 1 in order to get the engine running. Would this be the better way to do it?

I don't know if this would work but what if I take the wiring harnesses from a 92-95 engine and take the ECU. This way every thing snaps in?

this shit suck im trying to do a similar swap into my 91 Si with a 2000 civic motor its starting to be a large pain in the ass

Back