Just in case anyone's been wondering what I've been driving

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
pathfinder001.jpg

89 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 SE-V6, with 297,000 miles on the engine...and the damn thing's never even been rebuilt. Runs great, and it's fun to play with. I've got a 3" body and 3" suspension lift sitting in my closet, that I've just gotta get around to putting on.

Another cool thing about it, is the engine. It's got a VG30. Know what else came with a VG30, only with a couplea extra letters? That's right, 300zx TT. And from what I've been researching, putting a VG30TT into a pathfinder isn't too much more difficult than a B16 swap...

Nissan FTW!

lovin the mexichrome wheels yo! looks pretty minty fresh man. good luck with it and swap that bitch mang!

My mom's van(93 Nissan Quest GXE) had the VG30, lol.

Just wondering, you don't have the CRX anymore?

nice

I give it a couple of months and this will be up for sale and you be looking for another honda, or you roll the pathfinder :ph34r:

or it goes ablaze.

i love those pathfinders :)

why on earth woudl you put a TT motor in an SUV?

might as well start your obituary donation thread now....

I haven't seen a rust free 1989 Pathfinder since January 1990.

haha, neither have i. thats in amazingly good shape.. atleast on the outside. 3 inch body lift?? are you really going to need it?? personally, body lifts look DUMB, you can see all frame and it looks shitty. Suspension lift is where its at. I dont know why youd want an extra 3inch lift on top of the suspension lift... unless you plan to do some trails where youll need articulation..

YAY! SUSPENSION LIFTS!!
BOO! BODY LIFTS!

its a VG30e.... welcome to sohc land... and if you are going to do any type of swap just put the dohc nonturbo motor into it.

otherwise get ready for MASSIVE amounts of fab work.

Quoted post[/post]]
nice

I give it a couple of months and this will be up for sale and you be looking for another honda, or you roll the pathfinder :ph34r:

I've had it since I was 15, and it's been in my family since it was new. My mom bought it in 89. Zero rust, and the interior is PERFECT...I think Mike's ridden in it a few times. It's the vehicle I learned to drive in when I was but a wee lad.

And I actually do plan on flailing it around in the mud...I had some 31's on it when I was in school, and took it out almost every weekend running down trails and through creeks, and I'm planning on getting back into stupid shit like that again.

w00t!

:thumbsup: That's sweet! Does it have a solid front axle, or independent front suspension?

Body lifts are teh suck!! Suspension lifts are where it's at. I have a 4" suspension lift on my 86 4Runner with 33's and it's AWESOME!! Only downfall is it's IFS. :thumbsdown: And I'm much too poor to do a solid axle swap. Because all of my money goes to my honda! :mrgreen:

whats with all the body lift hate?

i've got 2 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift on my mazda and i love it...
and it looks good if done right too...
thats what they make gap guards for...

Quoted post[/post]]
:thumbsup: That's sweet! Does it have a solid front axle, or independent front suspension?

Body lifts are teh suck!! Suspension lifts are where it's at. I have a 4" suspension lift on my 86 4Runner with 33's and it's AWESOME!! Only downfall is it's IFS. :thumbsdown: And I'm much too poor to do a solid axle swap. Because all of my money goes to my honda! :mrgreen:

IFS...I don't have any gripes about it...I mean, it's 4 wheel drive, and it's fun to flail around in the mud...nothing wrong with IFS there...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

IFS...I don't have any gripes about it...I mean, it's 4 wheel drive, and it's fun to flail around in the mud...nothing wrong with IFS there...
This is true!

The way I look at trucks, is that the articulation you can get from a SFA >>> IFS. But then again, that's for crawling over rocks, like I like to do! :laugh:

EDIT: Also, is it coil over or torsion bars up front. My lift was kind of a pain in the ass to put on because it is a torsion bar set-up

Does anyone know where I can get a body lift for the Civic? The previous owner dropped it in the weeds and it really sucks for off-roading.

lol...

I don't like th color otherwise it looks great. I took the Audi on some trails a few times...then I got stuck on the top of an 80 degree hill and rocked it off.

Back