Just need some advice...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Overby

i have a 1993 honda civic ex, 1.6 Vtec 5 speed. Its getting old, 191,000 miles and its starting to leak & smoke. So anyways i found a 1.6 sohc vtec motor and tranny for $300 in good shape, but instead of doing that i was thinking about doing a swap of some sort.

I have all sorts of mechanical knowledge, and i'm sure i can probably do whatever myself, i was just wondering what would be a good powerful swap into the car? preferably the easiest too. I was thinking of a b18a1, and maybe going to a turbo from there, but i figured i would ask you guys first.

If you suggest a swap for me, could you also include what i will all need to do the swap - axels, wiring, etc.

Thanks guys..

Turbocharging a ls swap would rip pretty hard in that car. That is not a bad idea at all. If you get a obd1 ls swap the wire harness from your old engine will be plug and play with your new setup. You might consider getting a decent mount kits since old mounts are no good especially if you have added alot of horsepower. This kit is inexpensive and will ensure your drivetrain is staying in place. Innovative Mounts - Product Info
You will also need the rear bracket out of the integra and the axles as well. This would be a pretty easy swap to do, plus if you boost it you will make way more power and torque then the more pricey b series vtec engines!

ok, thanks - i guess this is a newb Q, but i need to ask: whats year integra should i get the motor from? i'm a crx guy, this is my first time passing a 1991 honda - lol, i know. Anyways..

Basically all i need is the motor, trans, axels, rear bracket, new mounts, my current wiring harness?

I dont need shift linkage, or anything like that?

you would be better off getting a b18b bot the b18a so you don't have to change your car to a cable tranny. i think price on the two are about the sme so it's not worth the time to change it to cable. if you do go with the b18b the it is real easy and you do not have to wire in vtec. and for the price it would be a pretty good upgrade from what your running now. if you get the swap from somewhere like hmotorsonline then just about everything you need comes with it

Back