1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need to confirm

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by xj0hnx, Apr 11, 2004.

1. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Brain not working right, and I am at work with no Helms.

I drove on the autobahn, from my house to work a good 3.5 miles, autobahn hit 100mph, engine should be warmed up right, enough to open the thermostat? I got to work, and on a hunch due to the ever so faint smell of coolant, checked my bottom radiator hose, and it was cool (not cold, but like it was in an engine bay), the top was fairly warm, not uncomfortable to the hand though. Now I am suspecting my thermostat isn't opening, but I have no indication of overheating on the dash, and the car acts fine. Do you think I just didn't run it long enough, it was a fiftenn minute trip from my driveway to the parking lot on post.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

probably just didn't run it long enough.. just keep a watchful eye on that temp gauge on the way home

3. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

let it idle for 20 mins See if your fan comes on. Watch your coolant level.

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

yeah, just observe it, let it idle for a little while and check the lower radiator hose.

I wouldn't be that concerned, considering the thermo is cheap and easy to replace.

but keep an eye on it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted