1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanted to know

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by redhatch92, Dec 10, 2003.

1. redhatch92

redhatch92 Member

i put a 95 ls motor and 00 Si trans in my 92 cx. i used a 93 integra ecu. Everything runs fine but my question is would the car run differently if i put a 94 integra ecu in. my car just feels like its at a higher rpm then it should be while driving

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

<----not an expert..

but I dont see why it would change anything. The gearing won't change because of the ECU :huh:

3. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

The reason you feel like the RPMs are higher than they should be is because of that B16 tranny you have. They are geared pretty short and compared to your stock CX tranny, it's going to feel weird for a while, but there's nothing wrong with it. The ECU won't change a thing, if it ain't broken don't fix it, y'know? :)

4. StumpedLSswapper

StumpedLSswapper Junior Member

definitely the gearing of the b16 tranny.... shorter gears copared to that of the stock one... ecu will not change the rpm it will change air/fuel ratio etc. etc. but not the gearing

5. redhatch92

redhatch92 Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted