k & n filter w/ aem intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evilgsr

its time to change the air filter on my car , judging from the fact that it was caked in leaves im pretty sure the previous owners didn't change it very often, anywho i was wondering if i went ahead and got a stock k&n cone filter if it would bolt right on to a aem intake system that i want later down the road, i hav a 96 integra gsr i forgot to mention that

measure the end of the intake tube and get a cone filter with the same size opening

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 12 2004, 01:31 AM
measure the end of the intake tube and get a cone filter with the same size opening

:withstupid:

but doesn't aem sell replacement filters for their intakes too?

Doesn't AEM use K&N, and can't you wash them? I washed my old one.

well i dont have an aem one to measure ill measure my stock one and someone tell me how big the aem one is ?

You have a pipe right? Measure the end of the pipe. That is the size that you need.

I belive that AEM does use K&N, but they do have AEM on the rubber part.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 12 2004, 10:29 AM
I belive that AEM does use K&N, but they do have AEM on the rubber part.

You are correct...for whatever reason, they put AEM on them, even if it's a K & N.

but the the filter the intake comes with it is the same size as the direct stock replacement kandn one right since their both cone type filters? sorry im overcomplicating this :(

Originally posted by evilgsr@Apr 12 2004, 03:05 PM
but the the filter the intake comes with it is the same size as the direct stock replacement kandn one right since their both cone type filters?

I read this aloud, and the person next to me now thinks I have special needs...Let's try this again, in English, please. :lol:

Originally posted by evilgsr@Apr 12 2004, 09:05 PM
but the the filter the intake comes with it is the same size as the direct stock replacement kandn one right since their both cone type filters? sorry im overcomplicating this :(

English has just owned you.

your GSR uses K&N filter E-2427
it will fit over the end of an AEM... you might need to stretch it a bit ... but it will fit

lol sorry i was a bit out of it when i typed that , two hours sleep is very very bad, anyways ok itll work then good is it even worth my trouble or should i just wait and get the intake and use the cheaper k and n that comes on it

its not a cheaper k&n its the same thing with a diff logo on the top part of the filter.yes they are the exact same i have had a regular k&n and i presently have the aem intake filter there is little to no difference...

Originally posted by evilgsr@Apr 13 2004, 12:14 AM
lol sorry i was a bit out of it when i typed that , two hours sleep is very very bad, anyways ok itll work then good is it even worth my trouble or should i just wait and get the intake and use the cheaper k and n that comes on it

fuck the AEM CAI

get the K&N for your car
then upgrade the intake piping with just about any short ram intake out there
rip off the resonator from your stock airbox and drop a snorkle down to the cold air area (into the front of the wheelwell where a CAI would put the filter)

there ya go homemade "icebox" type setup

Back