K or B series engine???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mike

could i put a new DC5 k20 engine that comes with the new integras or rsx's in my 93 civic?...0r should i put in a B series engine?? im truely lost..please help me fellow honda fans .....thanx

You will be much better off with a B series in that chassis. We have a post in the FAQ that covers this question.

putting a K20 in your EG is probably gonna cost you a tad bit over $7500-8000.
You can probably pick up a complete K20A3 changeover for about $4500 if you look hard enough and the rest of it will be for labor. There is a lot of custom work that needs to be done to get it to work right. It's totally not worth it.
On the other hand you have a B-series motor with a shit load of aftermarket backing. there isn't a single part on there that you can't replace.

here's how i rank it according to cost and ease:
B-series > H-series > K-series

Like most say, stick with the motor that "should" have went into your ride. Yes it can be done but it would cost much bucks.

Milan

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 21 2003, 02:53 PM
You will be much better off with a B series in that chassis. We have a post in the FAQ that covers this question.

Yes, go read it... I spent the time to type it up and take pictures for it, so go read the damn thing.

:readfaq:

Back