k20 or b18c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jesselewis

OK, I KNOW A K20 IS AN EXPENSIVE BUT GREAT SWAP, JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION. I HAVE A 93 CIVIC HB AND LOOKIN TO PUT IN A B18C5/K20...NOT A K20-R. i DO KNOW THAT OVERALL AN I-VTEC IS JUST NASTY! BUT WHICH WOULD BE QUICKER? I WAS THINKIN IT WOULD BE ABOUT THE SAME DEPENDING UPON THE DRIVER, AM I RIGHT? HELP PLEASE!!!!

Do you have an actual swap related question anywhere in there?

Assuming you're talking about the k20a2 equivalent and equal drivers.... 195 vs 200 hp... they'd probably be just about equal.

.....i say b18c1T...FOR THE WIN

a GSR is one of the better platforms to work from and with that you get cams that are much better suited for a turbo. also even if you stay NA the parts available for a K20 are very limited and difficult to install...in the end some variant of a GSR or ITR is gonna be your best bet.

well the k20 will be a more difficult swap and more pricey and not worth it unless you get the type s that is the a2 I beleive don't quote me on that though. If you get the a3 that comes out of the civic si's and base rsx's you only get 160 horsepower and a different vtec system. go for a gsr turbo for more power an easier swap and about the same cost depending on the stuff you use.

:wtf:

when someone says C5 it is understood they are talking about an ITR, most likely JDM (since almost everyone gets their shit from hmotors)

and just grrrrr.....angry bears

TURN OFF CAPSLOCK KTHX.

Additionally, a K20 will be a much more costly motor to swap than an ITR motor. Stay away from the K20a3, as it's pretty anemic unless you mod it to be real iVTEC, or boost it.

I'd personally say get a GSR motor, single plan IM, ITR oil pump and a thinner HG.

quite sure you are wrong, but they are interchangable.

If your plan is to swap a relatively stock motor and never open it up internally, then maybe the B is a better swap.

However, the K will always make more power mod per mod.

Steve

go for the k20 the torque on it is better and with boltons you can get alot more power to the wheels then the b18, especially with hondata (kpro)

b18c1 or b18c5 cheap parts, easyer to work on.. more interchangeable parts.. even tho if u get a c5 u dont really wanna down grade...but gsr turbo is the way to go...

Does Anyone On This Site Like The Lsvtec, I Swear Man Everyone Is Either Gsr, Or Type R Crazy. Now Dont Get Me Wrong, They Are Both Very Nice Motors And The Typr R Might Put Out Good Power But The Lsvtec Really Whoops Ass And It Sounds Like No One Sees That

Dude Quit Typing Like That.. i already dislike you.. stupid questions, bringin back old shit.. :ban:

whats up man, I'm new at this Hondaswap website thing... I was just wondering if you could help me out. Alright I have a 99 honda civic si, I have had it for a while now but its still in perfect conditioin the only major thing I have done with it was a b18c5 swap... I love the swap but I want more..I dont want anything drag crazy just something quick..I want it to be a daily driver but still smoke mutha fuckers u know lol...so i was thinking on getting a K20..is it worth it or should i just build my b18c5.. i have had people tell me to build my b18 that it would be a lot quicker..what do you think

Back